Conf. Dr. Ing. Anca Gabriela Popa
Main field of research interest is structural engineering with emphasis on the behavior of structures with semi-rigid connections, performance-based analysis of structures, applied statistics and composite elements.
She published over 50 papers in conference proceedings and journals and has authored 10 books, main topics include strength of materials and statistics application in constructions.
She also has a great interest in methods and technologies used for teaching in the field of civil engineering. She is coordinator for the specialization Civil, Industrial and Agricultural Buildings – English medium. She chaired more than 10 Ph.D. committees.
Since 2008 she holds the position of Vice-dean of the Faculty of Civil Engineering and is actively involved in institutional development projects.
Her biographical profile has been published in the Encyclopedia of Romanian Personalities, Hubner Who is Who, 2010.
- 2003: Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
- 1987: Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- 1985: High School, "Nicolae Balcescu", Mathematics-Physics Section, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- Member of IABSE (International Association for Bridges and Structural Engineering)
- Member of AICPS (Asociatia Inginerilor Proiectanti de Structuri)
- Member of EUCEET (European Civil Engineering Education and Training Association)